SSD has revolutionized the world of the harddisk. Better speed, better performance, and compact size are the top advantage of external SSD drives. It can fit in your wallet or pocket and you can carry them anywhere.
SSDs can satisfy your need for more and more data very conveniently. Before we continue with our list of devices here are our top three choices.
Best Value for Money
Is an external SSD worth it?
If you do work like video editing, image editing, rendering then you will need speed, flexibility, durability to do your work efficiently. In this case, purchasing an external SSD (Solid State Drive) is definitely worth it.
Best External SSD List
1. SanDisk Extreme PRO Portable External SSD
- 1050MB/s read speeds
- Ruggedized: IP55 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- Small size and very lightweight.
- Dust and Water protection
- ~950 MBps read/write speed.
- Works with PC and Mac computers, and USB-C and USB-A inputs
- Tends to get a bit Warm after long use
- Cannot connect to mobile
2. Seagate Fast External Solid State Drive Portable
- High Performance, when you need it wherever you need it
- Sleek, stylish, and ultra-modern design
- Lightweight and shock-resistant
- Future proof USB-C technology
- Transfer speeds up to 540MB/s
- Folder syncing software helps keep your important files up-to-date
- Free 2 Months Adobe CC Photography
- The USB C Gen 2 cable does not look super-durable.
- Little overpriced.
3. Samsung T5 Gen 2 Portable SSD
- USB C to C (for connecting it to an Android device)
- USB C to A (for connecting to a PC/Mac)
- Very Small in Size
- Speed 250 Mbps to 500 Mbps
- Supports Type C to Type C and Type C to Full USB
- Not shockproof
- Not water resistant.